With the holidays upon us it can be kind of hard to turn down every offer of someone’s holiday cookies or homemade pie. People tend to get offended when you aren’t enjoying any holiday desserts. There is only so many excuses one can come up with as to why they aren’t having a piece of cake or didn’t try the gingerbread man cookies. Now, while one cookie or piece if cake isn’t going to kill you or ruin your fitness goals; the offers are especially heavy around the holidays. So, I decided to make my own grain and dairy free cookies that are also low carb. Yes! finally guilt free cookies! These paleo cinnamon cookies are easy to make and came out wonderful. I received many compliments and no one even knew they were “healthy” cookies. Feel free to bring these to a holiday gathering. You’ll be spreading cheer while also looking out for everyones waistline.
Holiday Paleo Cinnamon Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 cup erithytol
- 8 tablespoons (84 grams) coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Sift almond and coconut flour in a large bowl. Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients. Mix in all ingredients until combined. Once a batter like consistency is formed let chill in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Form the dough into 1-1/2″ balls then flatten. Sprinkle in additional “sugar”, if desired, and place on a cookie sheet about 1-1/2″ apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes. They’ll darken a little and still be soft. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.